Overcoming fertility difficulties is just one of the many IVF benefits that patients experience with the help of our Los Angeles, CA-area practice. This treatment can also help patients to avoid passing on certain genetic conditions, and allows hopeful parents to plan for having children after establishing a career or achieving other milestones. In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a procedure that involves inducing ovulation with fertility medication, retrieving eggs at the appropriate time, fertilizing the eggs in our laboratory, and transferring the healthiest embryos to the mother's uterus. Dr. Michael Vermesh, Dr. Tannaz Toloubeydokhti, and the rest of our team have achieved great success rates with IVF and other assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatments. If you would like to learn more about IVF benefits, please contact our office to schedule an appointment with our physicians. We look forward to providing you with excellent care throughout your fertility treatment.
More Options for Hopeful Parents
The greatest benefit of IVF treatment is that it gives hopeful parents a wealth of options in growing their families:
- The ability to overcome a variety of fertility issues: IVF treatment can help patients overcome a number of infertility problems, including male factor infertility, damage or blockages in the reproductive tract, ovulation disorders, and unexplained infertility.
- Opportunities for non-traditional families: IVF can use donated eggs and sperm, so families of all kinds are able to conceive with this treatment. At the Center for Fertility and Gynecology, we are happy to help hopeful parents in non-traditional families experience parenthood.
- Avoid passing on certain genetic conditions: We can employ a technique called preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) to screen embryos for genetic disorders and chromosomal abnormalities. This allows our laboratory technicians to select the healthiest embryos for implantation in the mother's uterus.
- Egg preservation: As a woman grows older, the viability of her eggs decreases. IVF gives women the option to freeze healthier eggs when they are younger. The eggs can then be used during an IVF cycle at some time in the future when they feel ready to have a child.
- Post-menopausal opportunities: By either using her own banked eggs or donor eggs, IVF treatment provides the opportunity for a post-menopausal woman to conceive and carry a child.
- Outstanding success rates: IVF consistently provides the highest success rates of all ART treatments. IVF success rates are higher in patients under the age of 35, but patients in their late 30s and 40s can also conceive with IVF.
Make an IVF Appointment
If you would like to become a parent, but need assistance, we encourage you to take time to learn more about the IVF procedure. Please contact our practice to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you to overcome fertility issues, grow your family when the time is right, and take measures to help you conceive a healthy child.