Female Fertility Testing
Sometimes couples or individuals have a difficult time becoming pregnant. This can be due to a variety of things. Thankfully, there are many different treatments that can be used to address female infertility, and the team at our Los Angeles fertility center can suggest the best one for you based on your circumstances. Before any treatment can begin, it's important to first determine the cause of the infertility, which is done through a series tests.
About Female Infertility Testing
Female fertility testing is what it sounds like: it refers to various diagnostic procedures performed in order to determine the exact cause or causes of female infertility. Since there are many different causes of female infertility, we may need to run multiple tests at our Tarzana infertility center.
Why Female Infertility Testing is Important
In order to address any sort of problem through the Los Angeles IVF process, we want to be able to fix the root cause whenever possible. Sometimes a woman's infertility may be related to another health issue. In some cases, a woman may be fertile but just had bad luck trying to conceive naturally.
How Female Fertility Testing Works
There are different kinds of tests that can be performed. Our fertility doctors in Los Angeles can explain each test in greater detail during your visit, but here is a brief rundown of what you can expect.
- Falloposcopy: During a falloposcopy, a specially designed telescopic device is used to examine the fallopian tubes from the inside.
- Endometrial Biopsy: An endometrial biopsy is performed on the 21st day of a woman's cycle to assess the condition of the endometrial lining within the uterus.
- Hysteroscopy: A hysterosalpingogram uses a fiber optic device to examine the uterus.
- Hysterosalpingogram: A hysterosalpingogram is a special x-ray that examines the uterus and fallopian tubes. Dye is injected into these organs to help present a better picture.
- Laparoscopy: A laparoscopy is an out-patient procedure in which a laparoscope is used to examine the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. The laparoscope is inserted through an incision in the navel.
Defining Treatment Options
There are a number of different routes that can be taken when it comes to fertility treatment. Sometimes addressing a health condition or medical condition will be all that is required. A number of patients benefit from in vitro fertilization (IVF), which allows for safe and successful fertilization in a laboratory setting.
Should there be an issue with the eggs, egg donation is a great option to consider. This will involve the use of eggs from a screened third party prior to in vitro fertilization. If a woman has healthy eggs but cannot bring a child to term herself, surrogacy and surrogate carriers will make motherhood a reality in those cases.
Learn More About Treatments for Infertility
If you would like more information about your many different options for starting the family you have always wanted, be sure to contact our fertility center in Tarzana today. The entire team looks forward to meeting you in person and helping you make the best decisions possible.