Bringing New Life into the World with Egg Donation and Surrogacy
For families who are facing infertility or non-traditional family units, parenthood may seem like an impossible dream.
But with egg donation and surrogacy, families of all backgrounds can expand with the help of healthy, smart, young women.
Curious about the benefits of choosing an egg donor or surrogate at The Center for Fertility and Gynecology in Los Angeles, CA?
The Egg Donation Process
Want to Donate Your eggs or Use an Egg Donor? Contact Our Fertility Center.
Dr. Michael Vermesh and Dr. Tannaz Toloubeydokhti have helped many families in Tarzana, Bakersfield, Greater Los Angeles, areas in general throughout the state of California, and around the globe grow through personalized fertility options including egg donation and surrogacy. Our center has achieved outstanding success rates via IVF and other fertility treatments, and we can find an option that suits your family's unique needs. Our doctors are affiliated with several organizations, including:
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
To request a consultation at The Center for Fertility and Gynecology, book an appointment online or call us:
Highly Recommended by Patients
Dr. Vermesh is an amazing Doctor with a great staff. We had been trying to conceive for 10 years so we decided to try this place out because of their reviews. I could not be happier. He was knowledgeable, friendly, and compassionate. the staff was friendly and helpful and we never waited when we went into the office. Thanks to Dr. Vermesh and his staff we now have our 3 week old daughter and plan to go back when we are ready for our second. We are so thankful we found this clinic and would highly recommend them.View On Facebook
Dr. Vermesh is the best doctor. Compassionate and incredibly knowledgeable. Office and staff are very very helpful. They know exactly what you need. They really take good care of their patients. Highly recommended!
Are You an Intended Parent?
You can start the treatment process by reviewing our database of highly qualified egg donors.
Are You a Potential Egg Donor?
Are you considering egg donation? Your decision could change a family's life. Before contacting our fertility center, intended egg donors should understand a few key considerations regarding the process:
- Anonymity: Your cycle will be anonymous unless you are donating eggs for someone you know. This means that the recipient couple will not know your identity and you will not know theirs. However, the couple will see your photograph in order to assist with matching your looks and qualifications with their needs.
- Benefits: Becoming a donor offers several financial and emotional benefits. Egg donors will be compensated for a completed cycle whether or not the recipient conceives. You will also be able to help a couple have a family, which is noble and altruistic.
- Requirements: Egg donors must be between the ages of 18 and 30. They must also be healthy. A free pelvic ultrasound and pap smear will be performed on all donors. A detailed explanation of the entire process and additional criteria, as well as a history and physical examination will be provided free of charge to potential donors. Psychological or genetic testing may be necessary prior to the initiation of an egg donation cycle. These will also be provided to the donor free of charge. Lastly, egg donors must be willing to provide our fertility clinic with their pictures. These photos will be used by potential recipient couples to assist in your selection. The photos will be returned to you upon request.
- Commitment: The complete cycle duration is approximately four weeks. You will need to take daily injections during this time. These are virtually painless and easy to administer in the convenience of your own home, or you may come to the office for administration.
Contact us today for more information. We offer convenient services to patients in Tarzana, Bakersfield, and other areas throughout the state and abroad.
A Brief Overview of Egg Donation
Egg donation has been widely performed in the United States since 1986, and we began offering the service at our Los Angeles clinic in 1990.
During the egg donation process, oocytes (eggs) from a young woman are fertilized in our state-of-the-art laboratory, either with the sperm of the recipient's partner or selected sperm donor, to create embryos. These embryos are transferred into the patient's (the recipient) uterus to develop into a baby. This procedure enables women with severely diminished ovarian function or genetic abnormalities to carry and deliver their own child. For same-sex couples or women who cannot carry out their own pregnancy, the egg can also be transferred to the uterus of a surrogate.
2 Types of Egg Donation Programs
In an anonymous donation, the intended parents do now know the identity of the egg donor. However, a detailed bio and photographs will be provided.
In a known egg donation, the intended parents ask a friend, relative, or acquaintance to provide the donor eggs and assist in starting or building their family.
Are you unable to carry a child because of reproductive challenges, genetic abnormalities, or a non-traditional family structure?
Our Fertility Specialists Can Also Help You Select a Surrogate
Surrogacy is a variation of egg donation where the "egg donor" is the patient herself, a known egg donor, or one of our anonymous egg donors, and the "recipient" is the gestational carrier or surrogate who provides the embryos with a uterus to develop in.
Although the baby is born to the surrogate, he or she is immediately received by the intended parent or parents.
Surrogacy is frequently chosen by couples struggling with infertility as well as gay couples due to the benefits it offers, such as:
- The opportunity to have a child genetically related to both parents
- The opportunity for parents to be highly involved in the pregnancy and birth of the child
- Very high success rates
- A faster process than adoption
The Surrogacy Process
Our team will guide you through the entire surrogacy process from screening to selection to childbirth so that you feel informed about your decision.
What Patients Are Saying on Google
My experience was amazing to say the least. Dr.Vermesh and his team made our process great. We are expecting twins and couldn’t be more excited.
I can honesty say that this is best doctor’s office!!! I switched over from different ivf doctor and Dr.Vermesh was kind and patient. His staff are very professional and polite. I am currently pregnant after my first cycle. My husband and I can’t thank him enough for giving us excellent care!!!