Procedures For Using Growth Hormone (Saizen, Hemotropin, Numotropin) (1cc) 25G 1 ½ in. 27G ½ in.
Growth hormone is administered subcutaneously. The different available preparations may require different mixing instructions. We will review these with you in the office, as necessary.
Instructions for Omnitrope (Growth Hormone)
- Necessary Materials:
- One 3cc syringe with attached needle (gray cap)
- One 27-gauge ½ inch needle
- One bottle of Omnitrope 5.8 mg/vial
- Sterile water
- Alcohol Swab
- Snap off caps from the water and powder (medication bottle).
- Turn water vial upside down and draw up 1cc. of sterile water into the 3cc Syringe with the attached needle. Discard remaining water vial.
- Inject the drawn up 1cc of water into Omnitrope powder bottle, and allow dissolving.
- Draw out ½ cc of dissolved medication into the 3cc syringe with the attached needle.
- Change the gray cap (22 gauge) needle to the 27 gauge ½ inch.
- Expel air bubbles.
- Administer subcutaneous (as you do for the Lupron injection).
- Remaining dose needs to be placed in the refrigerator.