- Medication (cartridge 600 IU or 300 IU)
- Follistim Pen
- Needles (white container with seal).
- Alchohol swabs.
- Take top off pen and unscrew body of pen (yellow and blue pieces)
- Put Cartridge in yellow piece with colored end of cartridge facing down.
- Screw pen back together by placing blue piece into yellow piece. Make sure blue arrow and yellow line are aligned.
- Peel seal off needle container on tabletop with needle facing up, put pressure with pen onto the needle and screw on tightly.
- Once everything is assembled correctly then dial your dose by turning dial towards you, make sure correct dose is showing in the center of the window and is lining up with the “IU.”
- Take cap and cover off needle, inject subcutaneously (see subcutaneous injection instructions below).
- Inject within the same hour every night.
- Alternate sites.
- The product may be stored at 2-8°C (36-46°F) until the expiration date, or at 25°C (77°F) for 3 months, or until the expiration date, whichever occurs first. Once the rubber inlay of the Follistim Cartridge has been pierced by a needle, the product can only be stored for a maximum of 28 days at 2-25°C (36-77°F). Protect from light. Do not freeze