- Medication Instruction Videos
- Follistim Pen Instructions
- Ganirelix Instructions
- Gonal F Pen Instructions
- Gonal F Vial, Menopur, Bravelle, Repronex Instructions
- Growth Hormone Instructions
- Lupron Instructions
- Novarel Instructions
- Ovidrel Instructions
- Progesterone Instructions
The Multi-Dose vial of Lupron may be stored at room temperature (below 86 degrees Fahrenheit) for a period of 60 days. Protect the vial from light by keeping it in the box it was dispensed in, while placed inside a dark cupboard. If you keep the Lupron vial refrigerated at all times, the expiration date lengthens to 6 months after the date of the first injection. (Note: the storage temperature printed on the box suggests keeping it below 77 degrees Fahrenheit) DO NOT store it in the freezer. Before each use wash your hands, and if the Lupron has been kept in the refrigerator, roll it gently between your fingers to warm up the medication. (Otherwise, you may feel a chill throughout your body after injecting it.) Also remember to check the liquid in the vial for clarity. If it is cloudy or it has particles in it, DO NOT USE IT. If this occurs the Lupron must be replaced.
- Necessary Materials:
- One ½ cc u-100 Insulin syringe complete with 29 guage1/2-inch needle
- One 2.8 ml Multi-Dose vial of Leuprolide Acetate-1mg/0.2ml (brand name Lupron)
- Wash your hands
- Flip blue cap off the Lupron vial and wipe the top with an alcohol swab.
- Inserted the needle into the vial and turn upside down and draw up the prescribed amount of the medication.
- Remove any air bubbles by gently tapping on the side of the syringe.
- Wipe the injection site with an alcohol swab. The injection can be given on the top of your thigh or stomach.
- Pinch the skin with one hand and hold the syringe like a pencil with the other hand.
- Push the needle into the subcutaneous tissue at a 45 degree angle until it disappears into the skin and then inject the medication.
- Pull the needle out and wipe the injection site with an alcohol swab.
A red area may appear around the injection site and/or the injection site may itch and/or bruising may occur. These are all expected reactions and will disappear over time. Use the disposable syringes only once. Dispose of it properly in a biohazard container. When full return the biohazard container to our office or to your pharmacy. Never leave syringes, drugs, or needles where children can reach them. Keep careful track of your prescribed dose of Lupron as it may change throughout the course of your cycle, as always, if you have any questions, we are more than glad to help.